- Job Reference: 00000091-1
- Date Posted: 25 March 2019
- Recruiter: ProTalent
- Location: Chichester
- Salary: £21,000 to £27,500
- Sector: Accounting, All Accountancy Jobs, General Practice, Outsourcing/Bookkeeping/Management Accounts
- Job Type: Permanent
- Contact: Lydia Sinclair
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01273 491 852
A well established, vibrant Accountancy practice based in Chichester is seeking an enthusiastic, organised, flexible and experienced Bookkeeper to join the team to service practice clients. The role is full time 9.00am – 17.30pm Monday to Friday. This is a permanent position and is an integral part of their dedicated team, supporting an ever growing number of clients.
The main purpose of the role is to record all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Transactions will be posted to computerised accounting software systems and accounts reconciled to ensure accuracy; all in accordance with basic accounting principles.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Bookkeeper for a busy practice. The candidate will play an integral role within the team ensuring the efficient and timely input, processing and reconciliation of client data. The work will be carried out using Xero and/or Sage hence candidates MUST have previous experience of working with at least one of these packages in order to be considered for the position. Duties will include:
• Processing high volumes of client documentation in a timely manner into computerised accounting packages
• Matching, batching and coding
• Resolve all book keeping queries, correction of errors, costing adjustments etc.
• Bank reconciliations
• Preparation and filing of VAT returns
• Regular production of Management Accounts
• Undertake any other duties which may be required by management commensurate to the role
The successful candidate will have excellent numeracy skills having previously worked as a Bookkeeper within an accountancy practice. You will have previously used Xero and/or Sage and be aware of the need for complete accuracy, confidentiality and attention to detail. We are looking for a flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who sets themselves high standards and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will thrive on responsibility and the satisfaction of a job well done and are looking for a variety within a small but very professional team.
Skills & Experience you must have:
• A good understanding of double-entry bookkeeping
• Strong IT skills including a good working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and Word
• Previous experience of working with Xero and/or Sage is essential within an accountancy practice environment
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Ability to demonstrate high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail, and to manage and coordinate changing priorities
• Previous experience of working in a fast past office environment as part of a professional team
• Ability to communicate and liaise professionally with clients and internal staff including Senior Managers and Directors
Thank you for your interest.