ProTalent are currently working with a leading independent accountancy firm with beautiful busy offices in Canary Wharf.
We are looking to recruit an Employment Tax Assistant Manager to join a successful team of 50 tax professionals.
Purpose and aim of the role:
This new role has been created as a result of growth of the tax division as a whole and consideration of the value and risk in the employment tax area. The role is to support the newly appointed Employment Tax Senior Manager and to help grow the team.
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be required to work alongside the senior managers and partners across a variety of different employment tax areas. There will be the opportunity to review and manage some work from other members of the team as well as having direct compliance responsibilities, which will increase over time. The successful candidate should also have experience reviewing work within their existing team.
The candidate will support the existing portfolio of clients, providing compliance and consultancy advice; responsibilities might include the following:
• HMRC disclosures and enquiries
• Due Diligence
• PAYE risk assessment and health checks
• Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
• Technical Guidance for P11Ds and PAYE Settlement Agreements compliance team
• International assignments and STBV arrangements
• Expense policy monitoring
• Liaison with external payroll team
• Remuneration, Salary Sacrifice and Benefit planning
• Employment status including IR35 and agency matters
• Termination payments and compromise agreements
• Annual Share incentive compliance and reporting
• Share incentive planning
• Assistance with reviewing client processes for SAO purposes in conjunction with the Internal audit
• NIC advice, particularly for internationally mobile employees
• Working with the marketing department in relation to relevant tax issues, writing articles and
• Educated to degree level with specific experience within a role focused on employment tax
• CTA qualification preferred
• Able to work on multiple projects, prioritise and meet strict deadlines
• Keen to further their career within a leading accountancy firm
This is a rare opportunity to join a leading independent firm and work for a company that truly values its staff.
Thank you for your interest.