ProTalent are looking to recruit a part time Accounts Assistant for an eCommerce company in West Sussex.
• A really successful and well established eCommerce company with international operations
• Dynamic and friendly working environment
• Established, busy and professional finance team
• To enter transactions into Sage including all purchase and sales ledgers, high volumes of bank transactions and online purchases, payroll, pension and overseas transactions
• To distribute purchase invoices for approval prior to payment.
• To reconcile all bank accounts, credit card and petty cash.
• To resolve any issues arising from the bank reconciliations.
• To check exchange rates used monthly and make adjustments as required.
• To enter timesheets weekly into the ‘Timesheet tracker’ spreadsheet.
• To perform bi-monthly supplier payment runs including making payments to suppliers, posting payments onto Sage and liaising with other departments to ensure payments are appropriately authorised.
• To reconcile supplier accounts to aged creditors report monthly.
• To complete bi weekly payments to Chinese suppliers as required, entering all details onto the supplier payments spreadsheet, ensuring forward contract balance is maintained, AFEX USD balance is correct, liaising with AFEX as required and producing relevant documentation.
• To make ad hoc bank payments as requested.
• To complete ad hoc sales analyses as requested.
• To manage company cars including servicing, MOTs, road tax and fleet insurance renewals ensuring all records and documentation appropriately filed.
• To manage changes to company cars as required informing Financial Controller of changes.
• To manage relationship with utility providers, including contract renewals and approval of invoices, liaising with Managing Director as required and informing Financial Controller of any changes.
• To answer finance queries from other departments in the business relevant to the Accounts Administrator role.
• Liaising with other departments to ensure ledgers are accurate and all payments have been authorised by the relevant person.
• Open and distribute post where necessary.
• To complete monthly VAT sales analysis using Excel.
• General finance related administration including filing and housekeeping tasks.
The Successful Applicant:
• Some accounts and finance experience
• Good Excel skills including V Lookups and Pivot Tables
• Sage experience preferred but not essential
• Able to multitask and prioritise workload
This is a part time role offering flexible working hours – ideally 15 hours over 2 or 3 days per week.
The successful applicant will be happy to manage their own workload and cover various aspects of the finance function.
You must be able to manage high volumes of transactions in a fast paced environment.
Thank you for your interest.