- Job Reference: J1002
- Date Posted: 12 July 2018
- Location: London
- Salary: £38,000 to £50,000
- Sector: All Accountancy Jobs, Tax
- Job Type: Permanent
- Contact: Lydia Sinclair
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01273 491 852
ProTalent are currently working with a large independent accountancy firm in London to recruit a new Tax Manager / Tax Supervisor.
You will work closely with the partners to ensure the smoothe running of the busy tax department. Duties will include:
• Assisting the partner in charge of the department in the overall smooth running of the department.
• Supervising and training of team members within the department.
• Planning compliance work and controlling work schedules of tax staff.
• Reviewing and in some cases, dealing with tax compliance work, ready for submission to HMRC.
• Working with partners to ensure adequate and appropriate fee recoveries on assignments.
• Where relevant, dealing with Capital Gains, Trust and Inheritance Tax and assisting the Partners in ensuring that the best advice is tailored for the client.
• Dealing with complex tax and tax planning issues for the firm’s clients.
• Assisting the Partners in the marketing and further development of the tax function with the firm.
• Developing client and intermediary relationships, managing and controlling deliverables and deadlines and handling day to day queries.
• Assisting the partners in the Recruitment and Appraisal process.
• Working with the training partner to ensure that all technical and soft skills, if applicable, training for the Tax Department is maintained up to date, including CPD where appropriate.
• Ensuring that, overall, the department meets the requirement of the ICAEW Practice Assurance Standards.
The successful applicant will have worked in a similar role within an accountancy firm previously, and be keen to take on a fresh challenge.
To apply for this position, please do so through this website or contact ProTalent directly to discuss further.