ProTalent are currently working with a top 100 Chartered accountancy Practice based in Oxford looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant Manager.
- Top 100 independent accountancy financial services and insolvency practice.
- Friendly and supportive team culture built around values of collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise.
- Diverse clients that range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international groups.
- Reporting to a Senior Account Manager
- Build long lasting client relationships - develop and apply your technical and commercial knowledge to provide expert advice and exceed client expectations
- Support a number of Directors by managing a diverse portfolio of clients and often being their primary point of contact. Your portfolio will consist of both new and more established clients and you will be encouraged to develop further revenue streams within it as well as helping to bring in new clients to the firm.
- Responding to ad hoc client queries.
- Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets agreed with Directors
- Work collaboratively with other Managers and the Directors to ensure quality of output and efficiency in process across the wider accounts team
- Prepare and review working papers and statutory accounts for a wide range of business entities across many sectors
- Prepare and review corporation tax computations and returns
- Line manage more junior staff, overseeing their work and assisting them with their career development
- Assist with billing
- Manage own workload in a timely and efficient manner
- Support the practice in continuously improving our way of working including current systems and adopting new technology
- Networking in the business community, promoting the company name
The successful applicant:
- ACCA/ACA Qualified with at least 1-2 years PQE in practice
- You will have at least 6 years’ UK practice experience
- Previous experience of line management and supervision
- University degree with a 2.1 or higher or 3 A-Level results (or equivalent) at BBC grade or higher
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Excellent client relationship management skills and aptitude to assist with business development activities including providing support to directors to on board clients
- Highly commercial approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A proactive approach, prepared to go the extra mile
- Strong IT skills, able to pick up new IT packages quickly & good working knowledge of systems such as Xero, SAGE, Quickbooks & Excel
- Enjoy developing more junior staff
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Partner level Mentor and a Line Manager who will work closely with you to support you through your development and provide day to day guidance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, retail discount scheme and flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- A wellbeing programme with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Participation in our Management Development Programme as soon as you start
- Personalised Development Plan
- Comprehensive induction and buddy to help you get up to speed in your first few months
- A light and airy, recently refurbished spacious modern office
- Charity fundraising events
If the role is of interest please apply.