ProTalent are currently working with a successful and well-established accountancy practice in Oxford to recruit a new Accounts Semi-Senior.
- Well known and well-respected accountancy firm
- Offer a broad range of accounting and business advisory services
- Forward thinking and embrace technology
- Great working environment
The Accounts Semi-Senior role:
- As an Accounts Semi-Senior, you will be expected to prepare financial statements in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager.
- Prepare accounting schedules to support the balances and transactions included in the financial statements.
- Adhere to proper accounting standards.
- Work on a wide range of accounts.
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget.
- Meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain good client relations.
- Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information.
- Ensure a high level of service to meet client's expectations.
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
- Make timely and relevant recommendations in relation to accounting matters, financial reporting and accounting systems in use (including software).
Additional Accounts Semi-Senior responsibilities:
- Assistance with bookkeeping, VAT return preparation
- Prepare control account reconciliations and other month end procedures
- Prepare quarterly management accounts for onward submission to clients
The ideal Accounts Semi-Senior candidate:
- AAT level 3 or 4, ACCA or ACA studier
- Minimum 1 year's experience
- Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment.
- Strong double entry knowledge and skill.
- Cloud based accounting systems knowledge including Sage, Xero,and Quickbooks
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of letters and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Basic tax knowledge - awareness of how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT.
- Organisational/time management skills.
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across.
- Methodical and logical thinking.
- Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work within a team and to assist one another as and when required.
Thank you for your interest in this Accounts Semi-Senior vacancy.