ProTalent are currently working with a hugely successful accountancy practice to recruit an ambitious accounts senior to join them in the Essex office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the accurate preparation of accountancy work unsupervised, and providing effective support for both Partner and Manager. Ensuring the continued development of trainees and less senior staff within the team.
- Dealing with complex accounting issues as required.
- Ensuring the accounts file is complete and ready for review by Manager or direct by Partner as required.
- Preparation of management accounts on larger clients.
- Review of assistant team members’ work, identifying training needs, and providing both positive and constructive feedback.
- Follow Practice procedures including but not exclusive to budgets, accounts preparation processes, workplan and Digita trackers.
- Providing effective support for both Partner and Manager by taking on additional tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Commercially aware in terms of undertaking tasks and preparing accounts and audit in a cost effective manner
- Preparation of corporation tax computations, and liaising with the tax department as necessary on complicated or unusual adjustments.
- Managing assistant team members by delegating work to the appropriate support member, training and developing other team members in a supportive manner.
- Carry out any other duty which may be required in line with business requirements.
- Adhere to the Firm’s Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- Good communication skills, as the job involves client and staff contact.
- Good knowledge of interpreting Accounts regulations
- Preparation of Group and Consolidated Accounts (an advantage).
- IT literacy and solid accounting skills.
- Good writing skills in respect of accounts reports and other documents generated for clients and internal purposes.
- A qualified or recently qualified ACCA or ACA with at least 5-6 years Practice Experience. An individual qualified by experience will be considered for this role.
- A competitive salary
- Paid parking
- A pension plan of 4.5% employers contribution and 4% employees contribution (after 3 months service)
- Life assurance (after 3 months service)
- Early finish Friday (full time employees only)
- Tax-free Birthday and Christmas gifts
- Annual bonus based on profits – averages between 2-3.5% of salary based on a full year of working
- On-going courses and training
Thank you for your interest.