ProTalent are working with a great Top 20 Practice who are looking for an Accounts Senior to join their Maidstone team! This an amazing time to join this Practice as they experiencing a massive growth!
The role will be to prepare statutory accounts primarily for small sized companies, partnerships and sole traders (as well as some LLPs and charities).
You will also prepare corporation tax computations and assist with bookkeeping and VAT return preparation on occasional assignments.
- Hold a small portfolio of clients for which you will ultimately be responsible for ensuring deadlines are meet (i.e. accounts and corporation tax return filed on time), calling in the books and records and ensuring the work is completed in a timely manner
- Communicate with clients to resolve accounts queries and become the clients main contact for assistance (managers would be on hand to assist with this as necessary for more complex queries)
- Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts stage for reviewed by the appropriate manager or principal (records are mainly via software packages such as Xero, Quickbooks and Sage although occasionally direct from bank statements / invoices provided by client)
- Work on a wide range of accounts from different industries
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget
- Produce management accounts monthly and quarterly
- Preparation of draft corporation tax computations (if appropriate) for review by the corporation tax team
- Billing of client work (where appropriate)
- Assist more junior members of staff with queries and training
Qualifications and skills:
- ACA / ACCA part-qualified (currently studying towards the advanced level exams) or qualified
- Strong double entry knowledge and skill
- Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation applying FRS 102/FRS 102 1A/FRS 105 as appropriate
- Knowledge of software packages such as Sage, Xero and Quickbooks
- Knowledge of Caseware to prepare accounts and Alphatax for preparation of corporation tax returns would be beneficial however not essential as relevant training will be given
- Basic tax knowledge - how to do prepare tax computations, PAYE and VAT reconciliations
- Ability to pass on knowledge to assist with training more junior members of the team
- Organisational/time management skills
- Communication - good written, verbal and active listening skills
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across
- Methodical and logical thinking
- Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions
- High personal standards
- Motivated, enthusiastic and hard working, reflecting the culture of the rest of the team
Thank you for your interest.