Accounts Senior, Practice
- Job Reference: J1190
- Date Posted: 26 August 2019
- Recruiter: ProTalent
- Location: Brighton & Hove
- Salary: £28,000 to £40,000
- Sector: Accounting, All Accountancy Jobs, Audit, General Practice
- Job Type: Permanent
- Contact: Lydia Sinclair
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01273 491 852
ProTalent are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Senior to join one of our favourite clients – a successful independent accountancy firm in Brighton. You will be working on a diverse portfolio of clients consisting of differing sizes and within a range of various industries. You will want to work as part of a team, but also be able to work independently, be proactive and a confident communicator.
Our client prides themselves on being a regulated training practice, offering training routes including ACA, ACCA, CTA and ATT qualifications to the right candidates.
Their office situated in Brighton with great transport links for both buses and trains, they also offer parking permits as part of a salary sacrifice scheme.
• Prepare statutory financial statements from source records and trial balance -
Limited, LLP, Partnership, Trust, Charity, Sole Trader, Service Charge
• Prepare corporate and personal tax returns;
• Preparation of management information and accounts;
• Bookkeeping and VAT preparation (variety of schemes)
• Preparation of P11D’s, and assisting the payroll department with CIS returns;
• Assisting with audit assignments;
• Liaise with management / partners and clients (individuals or businesses) in respect to day to day enquiries, providing an advisory service;
• Company secretarial duties;
• Prepare formal correspondence to various parties (Clients, HMRC, Banks, Companies House etc.)
• Assisting and mentoring junior members of the team;
• Ad hoc special assignment work as required
For the successful candidate, the following salary and benefits are available:
Salary: £27,000 - £38,000 (salary dependent on experience and qualifications)
Holiday: Bank holidays + 20 days annual leave, increasing with length of employment. Bonus holiday days provided at Christmas.
Pension: Enrolment to our company pension scheme (NEST) after 3 months of service
Experience and attributes:
• ACCA/ACA qualified or part-qualified (AAT qualified or QBE will be considered)
• Minimum of 3 years Practice experience;
• Good knowledge of FRS 102 and FRS 105;
• Proactive approach to work prioritisation and time management;
• Effective communicator, both verbal and written;
• Logical, analytical and have a strong attention to detail;
• Experience using different accounting software such as Sage, Xero, Quickbooks, Kashflow. Good working knowledge of Excel and Word;
• Working knowledge of CCH desirable, but not essential
An exciting opportunity to join a fabulous firm and really progress your career and use your professional tax qualifications.
Thank you for your interest.