ProTalent are currently working with one of the largest accountancy firms in the area to recruit a new Accounts Supervisor for their Brighton office.
- • International accountancy firm which includes a network of offices across the south east
- • Provide services to dynamic businesses, not for profit, start-ups and large corporate companies among others
- • Services include accountancy, business advisory and financial services
- • Outstanding reputation
- • Ongoing training and development
- • Fabulous office culture across the business
As Business Services Supervisor you will contribute to the provision of an excellent service to a diverse range of clients, providing support to managers and partners, supervising junior staff. You will be involved in the detailed preparation only of complex or larger business accounts from the client’s detailed or incomplete records. You will also develop your technical expertise and progress against technical competencies. Training will be given where needed.
Along with those responsibilities mentioned above you will:
- • Review accounts and working papers to an extent appropriate to the complexity of the engagement and experience of the staff thus far involved
- • Carry out the posting for complex or missing areas of accounts or oversee this;
- • Prepare more complex corporation tax returns and review the work of junior staff
- • Provide on the job training for junior staff where possible and providing feedback on a timely basis.
- • Deal with the more technical enquiries from clients and other firm members;
- • Identify the potential for more complex tax planning opportunities and recommend appropriate strategies;
- • Review forms P11D;
- • Regular communications with clients
- • Attend client meetings;
- • Meet potential clients where appropriate.
The successful applicant:
- • Will have experience working in accountancy practice
- • ACA / ACCA / AAT Qualified
- • Knowledge of Xero, Sage and Quickbooks would be helpful
Thank you for your interest.