A fantastic accountancy firm that is continuing to expand whilst recognising that the key to success lies internally and they help develop you and level up your knowledge. They have a focus on building a great company culture and progress is developed with the Directors and Partners together. They have a reputation for being technologically advance and have a focus on being at the forefront of this space.
They seek an Accounts Assistant to join their Steeple Morden office. Their continued growth has been both organic and through high profile mergers and acquisitions. They have won recent National awards and it is an exciting time to join the business.
The team is friendly and dynamic, everyone is approachable and ready to support each other. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career both internally and externally.
You will be assigned specific accounts and you are to ensure that they are managed effectively and efficiently adhering to the current agreed procedures and software tools.
- Bookkeeping (recording and reconciling client information) using cloud-based accounting software
- Preparing of monthly and quarterly management accounts and VAT returns – mainly using Xero
- Preparation of annual accounts for a range of sole traders, partnerships, and small Limited Companies
- Preparation of business and personal tax computations
- Planning – ensure the client is offered pre-yearend tax planning, using specialist on-line tools
- Completion – ensure the client receives a consistent high level of service and that annual accounts are completed efficiently within the 30-working day period
- Finalisation & Submission – ensure the final accounts are produced to a consistent high standard and are signed and submitted correctly
- Meet with the client to review accounts, offer advice and promote other products and services on an annual basis (or more frequently if required)
- Deal with client phone calls adhering to company guidelines
- Deal with client correspondence following company guidelines
- Ensure client is contacted according to the guidelines for their category
- Manage client complaints effectively and escalate to Pod leader or Head of compliance on same working day where appropriate
- Utilise the software tools available to provide an outstanding service to your client portfolio
- Supporting Clients with their day-to-day queries on Xero
- Ensure your personal software certificates are achieved within agreed timescales and are kept up to date
- 2 years minimum working in an accountancy practice preparing accounts and tax returns
- Experience with Xero or other cloud accounting software
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Able to work independently or as a team
- Be client focussed and great communicator both internally and externally
- Conscientious and willingness to learn and develop
What we offer
- Salary £25 - 28k
- Working hours 35 per week – Including Flexible working arrangements
- Personal and Professional Development
- Dynamic and fun working environment
- On-site parking