A great opportunity for a part-qualified accountant to join the Business Services team in Huntingdon.
The Business Services team assists a wide variety of businesses including manufacturing, construction, and technology businesses, professional firms, charities and farms. This means that we can offer you exposure to a broad and engaging portfolio of work.
This role will predominantly involve preparing financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, along with corporation and personal tax compliance. There will also be some bookkeeping work and preparation of VAT returns for clients. Some of the duties may be carried out at clients’ premises, so a full clean driving licence and access to own transport will be necessary.
The successful candidate:
- Will meet our academic entrance criteria for trainees: A minimum of 2 A levels at Grade C or above (including Maths), OR the equivalent standard in a business-related vocational qualification. If you do not hold a Maths A level, then we expect a minimum attainment of Grade B / Grade 6 in GCSE Maths.
- Will be part (minimum level 3) or fully AAT qualified, or able to demonstrate qualification by experience to a comparable standard. Following your recent AAT qualification, you may now be within the early stages of the ICAEW/ACCA qualification.
- You may be looking to embark on or continue with the ICAEW/ACCA qualification, although this is not essential.
- Will possess a high level of IT proficiency and the ability to use various packages, in particular: MS Office (Word, Excel), Sage Line 50, Xero and Quickbooks. Familiarity with CCH software would be useful.
- It is essential that you have recent experience within a UK accountancy practice environment (minimum 2 years).
- Will have previous involvement in accounts preparation work, the production of management and other accounts, along with an understanding and experience of personal and corporate tax. Basic bookkeeping skills, along with experience in payroll, and the preparation of VAT returns, would be helpful, but not essential.
- Will be confident and articulate in dealing with a wide range of clients.
- Will have a tenacious, thorough and self-motivated attitude with an expert eye for detail, good organisational skills and the ability to identify / flag up potential issues to more senior staff for attention.
- Will be competent in dealing with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.