ProTalent are currently working with a Top 20 Firm of Accountants to recruit an Audit Assistant Manager.
A leading UK audit, tax and advisory firm, trusted by thousands of clients for their head for figures, their specialist advice, and their readiness to provide clients with added value.
With their head office, in the City of London, being the centre of their eight-office network that offers national coverage. They work with organisations in more than 100 countries worldwide and thier aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom they work. Everything about this firm: structure, training, people, and personal and professional success criteria, is driven by this goal.
- Managing and undertaking statutory audits and being involved in all stages of the audit process from planning to completion.
- Showing initiative and taking responsibility for management of the audit and team to ensure completion within the agreed budget.
- Acting as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork.
- Managing on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of team.
- Delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines.
- Supervising audit teams on site, reviewing the work of Associates and assisting Senior Audit Managers in project management and client liaison.
- Alongside other Assistant Managers, reporting to a Senior Manager on large complex audit assignments, as well as managing a small portfolio of clients as manager.
- Carrying out work profitably and on a timely basis, in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of our clients and audit senior managers.
- Supporting the team in delivering a quality audit timetable and providing insightful comments to report to the client.
- Contributing to a continuous improvement ethos for the team.
- Managing and lead assurance and risk management projects – liaising with clients and preparing client reports.
Purpose of the role:
As a qualified Accountant, Assistant Managers in the Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in corporates.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is highly desirable.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Able to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while referring more significant or challenging control issues to the partner.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of business cycle controls, recognising the audit risks and business implications where controls are absent, ineffective, or inefficient.
- CCAB body membership, eg ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, ICAI, AICPA.
- Ensures adequate CPD is undertaken in relevant disciplines/client sectors.
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, they are looking for exceptional people. Their ethos is to promote their friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with their clients. They will offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
Thank you for your interest.