To all the Audit & Accounts senior out there, you could do no better than to continue reading....
I am working with a really caring Practice that puts their clients are at the centre of everything they do. They help them to look beyond the numbers to the bigger picture, revealing the financial clarity they need to focus on what matters and make decisions aligned with their ambitions.
Today this team based in Guildford continues to combine the big firm thinking and technical experience from their heritage with a small firm ethos.
Within their audit and accounts team, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with clients, being part of a team that helps them to realise their business and personal ambitions.
Their clients span a broad range of sectors and countries but what brings them together is that they are all individuals with great ideas, great businesses and they are proud to be part of their success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Preparation of accounts for statutory, management and ad hoc requirements
- Planning, budgeting, and finalising audit files and managing the audit process in a timely manner
- Work as part of a team to meet all deadlines and ensure that client expectations are exceeded
- Delegating and overseeing the work of others and provide learning strategies for trainees
- To provide mentoring and support to trainees
- Identifying potential areas of cost saving or improvements for the client by challenging existing working methodology
- Providing support to Managers and Partners on their portfolios and ad hoc projects
Essential skills and experience
Their team are quick-thinking, analytical, and skilled at working across the whole range of services that they provide. Inter-linking competing personal and private financial matters to bring financial clarity to their clients.
Internally they encourage a collaborative culture and provide a working environment which is professional and enjoyable to be part of.
To join the team, you should have the following skills:
- Strong team mentality but with the ability to work independently
- Be a Qualified Accountant – ACA / ACCA
- A good working knowledge of different accounting software (Xero, Quickbooks and Iris is especially helpful but not essential)
- Strong audit experience, but this is not essential if you have a willingness to learn
- Have good analytical skills and to be able to adopt a commercial approach to assignments
- Strong organisational and project management skills, experience of undertaking audit and accounts preparation work from planning through to completion
- Confident and excellent communication skills – written, verbally and in person
- Be proactive and determined
- Competitive salary aligned to big firms
- Flexible working – office/home-working hybrid
- Core hours with flexible start and finish times
- A social environment with regular events
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Being part of a team who support and help each other
- Real progression opportunities
- Being part of a firm who identify with the importance of their corporate and social responsibility