ProTalent are currently working with a top 100 Chartered accountancy Practice based in Oxford looking to recruit an Audit Manager.
- Top 100 independent accountancy financial services and insolvency practice.
- Friendly and supportive team culture built around values of collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise.
- Diverse clients that range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international groups.
- Reporting to the Head of Division Partner.
- Build long lasting client relationships - develop and apply your technical and commercial knowledge to provide expert advice and exceed client expectations
- Support a number of Partners by managing a diverse portfolio of clients and often being their primary point of contact. Your portfolio will consist of both new and more established clients and you will be encouraged to develop further revenue streams within it as well as helping to bring in new clients to the firm.
- Responding to ad hoc client queries.
- Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets agreed with Partners
- Lead and manage audit assignments to completion, managing people and delivery of the assignment, budgets, billing recovery and client engagement and satisfaction
- Responsible for the quality of our delivery at all times, ensuring any actions are completed to the highest standards
- Line manage more junior staff, overseeing their work and assisting them with their career development
- Support the practice in continuously improving our way of working including current systems and adopting new technology
- Provide support on tenders, proposals and other business development activities to promote and develop your profile externally
- Contribute generally to the management of the audit team, audit procedures and, more widely, to the whole compliance team.
- Consider technical audit and accounting developments and provide training to ensure the team are updated so that high standards are maintained
The successful applicant:
- ACCA/ACA Qualified with at least 1-2 years PQE in practice
- You will have at least 6 years’ UK practice experience
- Previous experience operating at (Assistant) Manager level
- Proven experience of producing high quality audits
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Aptitude to assist with business development activities
- Highly commercial approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A proactive approach, prepared to go the extra mile
- Strong IT skills
- Enjoy developing more junior staff
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Partner level Mentor and a Line Manager who will work closely with you to support you through your development and provide day to day guidance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, retail discount scheme and flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- A wellbeing programme with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Participation in our Management Development Programme as soon as you start
- Personalised Development Plan
- Comprehensive induction and buddy to help you get up to speed in your first few months
- A light and airy, recently refurbished spacious modern office
- Charity fundraising events
Thank you for your interest.