ProTalent are currently working with a successful and forward-thinking accountancy practice in Reading to recruit a new Audit Manager.
- Fast-growing and dynamic accountancy firm in Reading
- Varied, challenging and hugely rewarding Audit Manager role
- Expert team who work hard to provide exceptional standards
- Strong focus on innovation and technology, and ambitious growth plans
The Audit Manager role:
Reporting to the Head of Division Partner, your core responsibilities as an Audit Manager will include:
- Build long lasting client relationships - develop and apply your technical and commercial knowledge to provide expert advice and exceed client expectations
- Support a number of Partners by managing a diverse portfolio of clients and often being their primary point of contact. Your portfolio will consist of both new and more established clients and you will be encouraged to develop further revenue streams within it as well as helping to bring in new clients to the firm.
- Responding to ad hoc client queries.
- Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets agreed with Partners
- Lead and manage audit assignments to completion, managing people and delivery of the assignment, budgets, billing recovery and client engagement and satisfaction
- Responsible for the quality of our delivery at all times, ensuring any actions are completed to the highest standards
- Line manage more junior staff, overseeing their work and assisting them with their career development
- Support the practice in continuously improving our way of working including current systems and adopting new technology
- Provide support on tenders, proposals and other business development activities to promote the firm and develop your profile externally
- Contribute generally to the management of the audit team, audit procedures and, more widely, to the whole compliance team.
- Consider technical audit and accounting developments and provide training to ensure the team are updated so that high standards are maintained
The successful Audit Manager candidate:
- ACCA/ACA Qualified with at least 1-2 years PQE in practice
- You will have at least 6 years’ UK practice experience
- Previous experience operating at (Assistant) Audit Manager level
- Proven experience of producing high quality audits
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Aptitude to assist with business development activities
- Highly commercial approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A proactive approach, prepared to go the extra mile
- Strong IT skills
- Enjoy developing more junior staff
Thank you for your interest.