We are looking to recruit a newly qualified individual to join the busy and growing audit team of an impressive firm in the Guildford area. The primary role will be to lead audit and accounts assignments collaborating with the client and relevant Manager and/or Partner. The firm’s audit client base, which predominantly located in London and the South East, is varied and includes clients in the precision engineering, technology and innovation, manufacturing, property and construction, recruitment and distribution sectors with turnover up to £100 million.
They also have many group audits, often involving international operations and overseas auditors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the manager and client to plan assignments
- Lead and coach other members of the team
- Plan a risk-based audit approach and design audit tests
- Carry out appropriate work to meet audit objectives
- Manage and control job budgets
- Finalise files for Managers and Partners to review
- Clear review points and correspond with clients
- Liaise with and provide support and information to the firms tax team
- Prepare statutory Financial Statements
- Newly qualified ACA/ACCA (or exam qualified)
- Significant, recent audit experience (70-75%)
- Strong technical skills and experience of UK GAAP FRS102 reporting
- Experience of Paperless Audit Software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- A team player who is also comfortable leading a team
- Commercially astute and committed to developing our ambitious business
- Versatile and proactive approach
Thank you for your interest.