ProTalent are currently working with a top 100 Chartered accountancy Practice based in Oxford looking to recruit an Audit Senior.
- Top 100 independent accountancy financial services and insolvency practice.
- Friendly and supportive team culture built around values of collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise.
- Diverse clients that range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international groups.
- Lead a variety of interesting and complex audit assignments across multiple sectors, liaising with managers and partners when required
- Prepare audit files, undertake audit planning and lead/assist with fieldwork
- Assist in work allocation and supervise more junior team members on audits, providing support, training and reviewing their work
- Ensure audit assignments are completed to a high standard, in time and within budgets agreed with Directors
- Supervise and review jobs completed by less senior members of staff
- Using accounting software to provide accurate reporting for Managers, Directors and clients
- Preparing statutory accounts and finalise accounts under the overall supervision of your Line Manager
- Preparing corporation tax computations
- Maintain up to date and relevant technical knowledge of the industry and national economic issues
- Input in to service and product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
- Building productive working relationships internally and with clients as required
- Developing and applying your technical knowledge through on the job training
The successful applicant:
- ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Minimum of 3 years’ UK accountancy practice experience in audit, some accounts experience is also a must
- University degree with a 2.1 or higher or 3 good A-Level results (or equivalent)
- Proven communication skills, verbal and written
- Fully fluent in English, verbal and written
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, specifically Excel and able to pick up new IT packages very quickly
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
- Enjoy working as part of a team and self-motivated
- Able to work within procedures on job aspects which will deal with facts, standards and quality
- Xero, Sage, Caseware and CCH experience would be an advantage
- A friendly and supportive team environment
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance and a fantastic retail discount scheme
- 22 days holiday plus increases with each of service and holiday trading - the opportunity to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing and mental health program
- Attractive modern Oxford office
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed
Thank you for your interest.