ProTalent are currently working with a multi award winning accountancy firm to recruit for an Audit Senior in their offices on the South Coast.
- The firm advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals and families on all areas of business, tax and wealth. They help clients make confident decisions about their future.
- With offices across London, Kent and Sussex and international reach, they are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all clients wherever their ambition takes them.
- They provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
Firm Culture and Benefits"
- Having started out over 100 years ago, they are long-standing employers across their office communities in Kent, Sussex, London - and beyond. They are really proud of the reputation they ve built and are grateful to their people for making it stronger every day.
- Their strong commitment to living the firm's values means they listen carefully to their teams and enjoy helping each other succeed - creating a culture in which employees can thrive and provide the highest service to clients.
They want all employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why they offer benefits such as agile working, and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
Other benefits on offer to employees include up to 5% contribution on their pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance - and much more.
They are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment that their employees enjoy.
- As Auditor you will report to supervisors and managers, taking responsibility for completing tasks accurately, to deadline and liaising with clients in line with the Client Charter.
- You will act as audit senior on simple audit assignments, taking responsibility for the overall audit direction and supervision of junior staff, as well as preparing audit planning documentation for review by the supervisor.
- You should have a basic understanding of, and be able to implement the basic elements of, the firm's audit package.
Along with those responsibilities mentioned above you will:
- Produce more complex draft financial statements in a statutory format using the firm's accounting software
- Produce consolidated financial statements for a simple group
- Identify all tax adjustments arising from accounts preparation and audit work
- Identify basic tax and other planning opportunities based on account preparation and audit work e.g. group relief and utilisation of trading losses
- Qualified AAT or ACA/ACCA, or qualified by experience
- Team player
- Good communication skills
Thank you for your interest.