ProTalent are working with a Scaffold & Brickwork Contractor who supply services to all the large and small construction & developer companies across the South East. They are a small close-knit team with an extremely busy workload so there’s never a dull moment!
They are looking to recruit a bookkeeper to work closely with the directors and the wider management team. The person needs to have a good, rounded experience in bookkeeping/accounting and able to resolve day to day processing issues as they present themselves. Experience in month end accounting and reporting using Sage Software package in the Construction Industry would be preferable.
The Role - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform extensive data entry to ensure all financial data is input into accounting software
- Responsible for maintaining the sales ledger, purchase ledger and ensuring daily bank reconciliations are performed.
- Monthly reconciliations for the sales, purchase & sub-contractor ledgers across all companies
- Ensure the monthly CIS & quarterly VAT returns are completed and submitted on a timely basis
- Ensure credit cards are reconciled and all items are posted in a timely manner
- Ensure intercompany balances reconcile at the end of each period
- Managing employee expense claims
- Supporting accountants with information requited for the preparation of management accounts, submission of year end information for audits
- Weekly bespoke reporting for managing director
- Other ad hoc and office administrative tasks as required
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in an accounting and bookkeeping role (preferably within a construction company but not essential);
- Proficient operator of Sage
- Competent excel user
- Understanding and experience of CIS & VAT
- Possess strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to converse with people at all levels
- The ability to self manage, organise workload, work quickly and accurately to meet regular deadlines
- A flexible and willing approach and be comfortable working within a team