A well established, vibrant Accountancy practice based in Chichester is seeking an enthusiastic, organised, flexible and experienced Bookkeeping Manager to join the team to service practice clients. This is a permanent position and is an integral part of their dedicated team, supporting an ever growing number of clients.
The primary purpose of the role is the provision of high-quality bookkeeping service for the firm working closely with the Accountant responsible for the portfolio. This will involve the management of all bookkeeping workflows, ensuring all deadlines are met in accordance with services delivered to each client. Supervision, training and coaching of more junior members of the team will also be a pivotal part of the role. Hands on bookkeeping will be required including processing and input of data, bank reconciliations, preparation and filing of VAT returns and preparation of Management Accounts. The role is also responsible for the review of all Management Accounts produced by the bookkeeping team prior to submission to clients. This role will act as main point of contact for bookkeeping queries and will be required to deliver software training for clients from time to time.
The work will be carried out using Xero and/or Sage hence candidates MUST have previous experience of working with at least one of these packages in order to be considered for the position. Duties will include:
- Manage the bookkeeping workflows on a daily basis ensuing all client deadlines are met, staff are fully occupied and jobs are being undertaken as efficiently as possible whilst maintaining our high levels of quality
- Undertake day to day bookkeeping tasks for clients including data input, bank reconciliations, preparation and filing of VAT returns and preparation of Management Accounts
- Review of all Management Accounts prepared by bookkeepers, giving constructive review points to staff ensuing high quality, meaningful output to clients
- Provision of high-level book keeping, planning and advisory services to specified high profile clients
- Attendance onsite to troubleshoot for clients experiencing bookkeeping issues
- Provision of bookkeeping training, coaching and mentoring to less experienced members of the team to ensure a highly trained team at all times
- Undertake any other duties which may be required by management commensurate to the role
This is a great firm with a great working environment and varied work and diverse clients.
Reach out to ProTalent to discuss in more detail.