Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
- Job Reference: 00000094-1
- Date Posted: 22 January 2019
- Recruiter: ProTalent
- Location: London
- Salary: £38,000 to £48,000
- Sector: Accounting, All Accountancy Jobs, General Practice, Tax
- Job Type: Permanent
- Contact: Lydia Sinclair
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01273 491 852
ProTalent are currently working with a leading independent accountancy firm with beautiful busy offices in Canary Wharf to recruit a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager.
Purpose and aim of the role:
The role requires an ambitious, confident individual, with a strong academic background to join the growing Business Tax Team as a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager.
For the first twelve months the role will be primarily focused on compliance responsibilities and support for the wider team. This will permit the successful candidate to develop into the role whilst assisting with specific advisory aspects which may develop on the compliance portfolio. After 12 months and for a candidate who is able, the role will develop into wider advisory matters.
The successful candidate will be required to review and manage the work of the more junior members of the team as well as having direct compliance responsibilities. The successful candidate should also have experience reviewing work with minimal manager input within their existing team. Advisory work including, for example, due diligence, EMI, EIS and group tax planning is undertaken in the wider team at a senior level.
There is the opportunity to develop into this aspect of the role, working alongside the managers and partners. There may be the opportunity to manage the training for the tax students across the tax division.
The team is growing and promotion opportunities would be available in the future for a successful and ambitious candidate.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To manage a portfolio of clients, providing compliance and consultancy advice; responsibilities might include the following:
• Liaising with clients and colleagues
• Handling client queries
• Manage and assist more junior members of the team
• Reviewing and completing corporation tax returns for clients
• Calculating tax provisions in client’s accounts - this will involve working closely with the audit divisions
• You may be expected to visit client premises and overview the preparation of draft computations on site
• Liaison with client Partners and audit staff on corporate tax matters
• After 12 months advising clients on a variety of issues including planning opportunities
• Assisting Partners and colleagues with special projects
• ACA/ACCA/CTA Qualified
• Solid tax experience within accountancy practice
• Focused on corporate taxation
• Happy to have a role combining compliance and advisory work
This is a rare opportunity to join a leading independent firm and work for a company that truly values its staff.
Thank you for your interest.