ProTalent are currently working with a brilliant Top 10 Accountancy firm, with a network of offices across the UK, looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Associate Director for their Bromley Practice.
- Well established accountancy firm employing in excess of 3000 staff across the UK.
- Rapidly growing Corporate Tax team
- Impressive client bases from a wide range of industries
- Offer a full range of business advisory and accounting services.
- Offer their staff brilliant & fulfilling careers
- Offers flexible working
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing tax team at an incredibly exciting part of its growth journey. Because of a recent number of significant client wins, my client is looking to enhance their team further with the addition of a Tax Associate Director (or experienced Manager) who is looking for an environment where they will have the opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team, working with lots of fantastic clients along the way. Working as part of the London Region, you will be based in proximity of ideally Bromley or potentially Chelmsford.
The purpose of the role is to work on and take ownership of a varied portfolio of clients and groups, some with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities.
- Undertaking the more complex compliance work
- Reviewing returns undertaken by junior team members
- Working on a variety of advisory projects.
- Assist senior staff by involvement in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events.
- Managing relationships and acting as the main point of contact for clients.
- Liaising with the client throughout the year, practising the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Ensuring the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements and managing compliance work efficiently
- Providing value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your client’s business risks, challenges and opportunities.
- Such areas are likely to include: international expansion, transfer pricing, R&D tax relief, group & shareholder reorganisations, loss relief, tax treatment of interest, capital allowances and tax aspects of acquisitions & disposals.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and leading specialist technical assignments as required
- Managing assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirming arrangements with the client, including likely costs, billing arrangements and ensuring the work meets targeted recovery.
- Researching and supporting the preparation of proposals for new work and taking part in formal presentations to prospective clients
- Developing your external network and being actively involved in business development activities and client seminars, with effective follow up.
- Ensuring appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments and all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- Developing a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and undertaking special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- Maintaining an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and fulfilling professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Acting as a line manager for staff, including reviewing their work and taking an active role in their development such as “on the job” training and appraisals
- Briefing junior staff on clients and pre-assignment instructions, as well as supervising and controlling the completion of work.
- Attending staff meetings and training as required.
The successful applicant:
- CTA qualified.
- ACA or equivalent qualified preferred.
- Excellent corporate tax compliance experience in preparing and reviewing tax computations.
- Comprehensive corporate tax technical knowledge and experience
- Proven tax advisory experience in technical matters.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Experience and/or interest in business development and converting relationships into fee paying work is advantageous.
- Significant previous experience operating at Manager or Senior Manager (or equivalent) or can demonstrate the skill set required to undertake an Associate Director role
Thank you for your interest.