Are you looking for a progressive and exciting firm for the next step in your career? Do you want interesting and varied client work that will keep you engaged and continue to build your technical skill?
A fast growing and hugely successful Top 100 accountancy practice who provide expert solutions for entrepreneurial businesses and private individuals in Central and Souther England. The firm invest heavily in their teams of high-quality specialist who work with the best-in-breed technology to create value for their clients which exceeds expectations.
Their culture is very important to them and is based on their company values of being collaborative, respectful, innovative and expert. They develop high performing teams diverse in experiences, backgrounds and ideas. As a growing company there are plenty of opportunities for development and quick progression. The practice is known for having a friendly and supportive team culture where everyone received training and development to increase their technical knowledge and their commercial and a management skills. The firm put their people first and are constantly looking for was to improve their people experience.
There is a newly created opportunity for an experienced Corporate Tax Manager or Senior Manager to join their Surrey based office. This is a full time permanent position and offers both hybrid and flexible working options (flexing your hours on different days to suit your lifestyle).
This role would suit someone with strong UK practice corporate tax experience including accounting. Full training and support will be given to further develop your skills and abilities for a long-term career within the practice.
This is a mixed corporate tax role which involves both advisory and compliance work.
- Assisting clients with a range of tax activities including restructures, management buyouts, purchases of new subsidiaries, hive ups, capital allowance claims on building works, R&D claims, demergers and succession planning, tax accounting, seeking relevant clearances etc
- Innovative tax planning for corporations, stand alone and group companies
- Bespoke advisory work including the wider tax implications for the company owners
- Reviewing corporation tax computations prepared by the team covering a wide variety of clients including mutual traders, no-resident landlords, overseas companies managed and controlled from the UK, UK subsidiaries of larger overseas groups, investment companies etc
- Liaising and collaborating with the compliance team and other divisions to identify potential tax planing projects and other areas where advice on corporate tax issues may be required
- Assisting with the training of less experienced members of the team
- Leading potential new client meetings bringing them on board
- Inputting to service and product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
- Promoting the interests of the firm to clients, prospective clients and other third parties
- Ensuring assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets
What's on offer:
- Exposure to a broad range of clients across many industry sectors
- Partner level mentor and a tailored career progression plan
- Immediate entry onto the bespoke Management Development Programme
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, health cash plan, retail discount scheme, electric vehicles salary sacrifice, cycle to work, hybrid and flexible working
- Generous core holiday allowance plus holiday trading, flexible bank holidays and additional holiday with service
- Wellbeing programme with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Friendly and supportive team culture
- Comprehensive induction to get you up to speed
- Strong UK tax experience
- CTA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- Strong client relationship and project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
- A positive, confident and proactive approach
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
- Self motivated
- Enjoy working as part of a corporate tax and advisory team
- Demonstrate good judgement of risk and be commercially minded.
To discuss in more detail, please contact Lydia at ProTalent.