A leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. This company prides itself on looking after their people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, they invest in their people to help them be the best they can be.
They have a vacancy for a Corporate Tax Director to work in the Midlands South West Tax team based in the Cheltenham office. This is a full-time permanent role with opportunities for progression.
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering UK and cross border special and project-based work, and overseeing larger or more complex compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from owner managed companies to quoted groups. You will also be heavily involved in business development initiatives and working with the team and the audit partners to generate new work.
You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with extensive practical tax experience. You will also be able to work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, and audit and corporate finance colleagues whilst using your own initiative.
The role requirements
- ACA/ CTA or equivalent qualification.
- Significant Corporate Tax experience on a range of advisory and compliance projects.
- A passion for client service.
- A track record of developing new work.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Leading work on UK and cross border tax advisory projects, reporting to tax partners. Examples include:
- Group reorganisations
- Due Diligence
- International expansion
- Advice on financing arrangements
- Transfer pricing reviews
- Overseeing compliance work on larger or more complex clients.
- Assistance with R&D reviews, capital allowances projects and other compliance related planning.
- Developing relationships with clients and contacts.
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including VAT, personal taxes, payroll taxes, corporate finance support etc.
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP and IFRS accounting fundamentals and applications.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations for the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of the firms capability to support our clients.
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Deliver work to the highest quality.
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively understand and manage risk issues.
- A passion for helping clients and growing our business with both existing and new contacts.