To manage and develop the finance team in providing key financial details to the Directors and Executive Board. Experienced management accounts professional who has strong money management and financial control skills that will provide significant impact for a growing business with an annual turnover of £45million and ambition to hit £60million within 2 years.
The company is a manufacturing business with offices in just outside of Milton Keynes. The firm has circa 70 members of staff, with a finance team between 7-10.
On offer is a salary of up to £70k, with competitive holiday, hybrid working and a fantastic benefits package on top.
- Reporting directly into the Finance Director.
- Lead and participate in all financial reporting and produce internal and external financial reports, including monthly management accounts.
- Oversee the purchase ledger and sales ledger functions, ensuring compliance and best practice.
- Supervise and manage the finance team comprising 4-8 direct reports.
- Manage the financial budgeting process, including budget preparation and monthly reporting of variances and cost reduction opportunities.
- Work with the directors to establish financial key performance indicators and report on progress and achievement.
- Take responsibility for treasury management, managing cash flow by tracking transactions, developing controls, and presenting accurate cash projections.
- Work with company sales and purchasing departments' forecasts to improve cashflow and inventory control.
- Establish appropriate processes and controls to ensure all financial transactions across departments are properly recorded and reported on agreed schedules.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with regulations and legislation.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations and insist on accuracy.
- Preparing for, leading and managing the annual audit with external auditors
You will have excellent organisational, analytical, and planning skills to manage a varied workload. You will be a strong communicator interacting with all people in the business. You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA ) as well as having a solid business growth based understanding and how it relates to finance in practice.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Skilled in Financial Reporting.
- Graduate calibre with excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal Excellent Performance Manager.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- An ability to work on a number of projects at any one time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel Level A3, competent with IT software.