ProTalent are working with a well established, forward thinking accountancy firm where Outsourcing has continued to grow and the services they provide to clients widen in scope. Advances in technology continue to provide an exciting opportunity to grow further and provide an enhanced service offering and this role will support the Partners to help drive the team forward to the next level. The role would ideally suit someone with first class operational skills who also has an eye for detail and who can roll their sleeves up in ensuring we deliver a first-class service to clients. A commercial outlook is just as important as the ability to bring new ideas and efficiencies to our processes to ensure we are delivering our services as efficiently as possible.
There is flexibility in the location, the candidate can be based in one of their offices in the South East of England.
Main function of job
- Support the Partners and Directors with the service provided to clients, helping to ensure an excellent service is provided efficiently and assisting with development and growth of the services offered.
- Day to day responsibility and ownership for the operational delivery of our Outsourcing reporting and compliance services.
- Line management responsibilities for wider team
- Help embed, and establish where necessary, standard policies and procedures for providing our services, ensuring a consistently high service is provided to clients.
- Ensure VAT returns are prepared and reviewed in accordance with firm procedures. Work with central VAT team where necessary on any complex returns or questions.
- Ensure a quality and efficient payroll service is provided to clients.
- Ensure high quality and insightful monthly bookkeeping and management accounts are produced for clients. Ensure our reporting and analysis is relevant, always looking for ways to improve insight and add value to clients.
- Become a technology champion for the team ensuring we are keeping up to date with the latest software and developments. Lead the implementation of new software as necessary.
- Help train the wider team ensuring technical and systems knowledge is kept up to date.
- Support partners to win new work and develop services we provide to clients.
- Help monitor financial performance of the Outsourcing service and pricing model to ensure pricing is consistent and both competitive and sustainable.
- Develop relationships with clients and partners including client visits and review meetings.
Qualifications / Experience
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- 5+ years post qualification practice experience of providing similar services to clients, ideally having spent time in an Outsourcing management and delivery role.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Xero and Sage essential.
- Knowledge of and experience of using QuickBooks and Xero app marketplaces with good awareness of the apps available to enhance both data entry and reporting.
- Strong aptitude and desire for leaning new systems and applications.
- Previous experience in a similar role/environment for example in a partnership/service sector.
Particular aptitude / Skills required
- Must be keen to take on responsibility and ownership
- Hands on and self-motivating, showing lots of initiative and enthusiasm
- Capable of contributing to the strategic agenda along with having strong operational skills
- Ability to problem solve and seek resolutions
- Have a demonstrable collaborative, participative approach, and the ability to engage inspire and influence people at all levels in the organisation
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrable organisational and project management skills
- Flexibility to accommodate client demands/ others’ workloads
- Strong client service ethic, as well as being commercially minded
- Strong Microsoft skills, particularly in Excel