ProTalent are currently working with a successful and forward-thinking international accountancy practice in their Reading office to recruit a new Internal Tax Assistant Manager .
- Fast-growing and dynamic accountancy firm in Reading
- Fantastic opportunity if you're looking to move away from client-focused tax work
- Expert team who work hard to provide exceptional standards
- Strong focus on innovation and technology, and ambitious growth plans
The Internal Tax Assistant Manager role:
- As an Internal Tax Assistant Manager, you will support the National Director of Tax and Senior Manager in National Tax Technical, providing technical support to the tax department across the firm's offices. Your clients will be colleagues across the firm's offices; this is not an external client-facing role. Working in the National Tax Technical team is an unusual and fascinating job, ensuring the tax practice has the technical training, information sources and knowledge that its people need to provide the highest quality advice. The role can be partially adapted for your interests but involves tax technical matters and will cover knowledge management, standardising documents, risk management, as well as supporting the team across national tax issues.
- As an Internal Tax Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for keeping the tax practice up-to-date with current developments in tax and ensuring that they have access to materials from training courses and other events. Improvement of internal databases and intranet to make information easier to locate and access.
- The firm's tax teams have significant knowledge and expertise held in sample letters and reports held across offices but there is a need to bring this together in a library of standard documents which are kept up-to-date. As an Internal Tax Assistant Manager, you will lead on the project to research these resources, create standard letters and templates and flagging where technical developments mean they require updating. As Internal Tax Assistant Manager, you may need to liaise with the firm's technology team where standard documents require specialist IT functionality.
- As Internal Tax Assistant Manager, you will support the Senior Manager in designing and organising the national tax technical training programme. (Training is delivered by external providers)
- As Internal Tax Assistant Manager, you will support the National Director of Tax in the annual Quality Assurance Review exercise, ensuring the practice is delivering its work to appropriately high standards.
- As Internal Tax Assistant Manager, you will work with the internal tax technology expert on joint projects, for example, ensuring tax technical training aligns to new software releases, and forthcoming questions on Making Tax Digital.
- The team has a wide remit and you will be supporting them in other activities, for example potentially working on tax technical queries and liaison with HMRC. There is some scope to adapt the role for your interests and past experience and this can be discussed during the recruitment process.
The successful Internal Tax Assistant Manager candidate:
- Fully-Qualified CTA with experience in an accountancy practice
- Minimum 8 years' experience in practice (preferably currently working in Corporate Tax)
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments to agreed deadlines.
- Confident in dealing with unfamiliar tax issues, with plenty of support from the rest of the team, and enthusiastic about continuing to learn.
- Strong relationship-building skills; able to inspire trust from colleagues.
- Interested in how technology can be used within tax.
Thank you for your interest in this Internal Tax Assistant Manager vacancy.