A leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. This company prides itself on looking after their people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, they invest in their people to help them be the best they can be.
Purpose of the role:
As a qualified accountant, Managers in our Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in investment funds and previous experience in this sector is a pre requisite for consideration.
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork & completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Take responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment within the agreed budget and deadlines set.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- To prepare statutory financial statements for clients, generally from the client’s management accounts.
- To research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for review Partners / Directors.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is (highly desirable).
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Able to provide practical, proactive business advice for clients, while referring more significant or challenging control issues to the partner.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of business cycle controls, recognising the audit risks and business implications where controls are absent, ineffective, or inefficient.
- CCAB body membership, eg ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, ICAI, AICPA.
- Ensures adequate CPD is undertaken in relevant disciplines/client sectors