A leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. This company prides itself on looking after their people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, they invest in their people to help them be the best they can be.
The specialist not for profit team is multi-disciplinary and includes audit, accounting, tax, risk management, evaluation, governance and consultancy specialists as well as grants specialists.
They are looking for an ambitious Audit Manager with a passion for the not for profit sector to join our award winning team based in Cheltenham. You will be joining the leading firm of auditors to the charity sector committed to delivering a quality service to a high profile portfolio of clients.
The role will involve working with a variety of charities and other not for profit organisations from start ups to well established, prestigious clients within the sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations, professional bodies and housing associations), many of whom are top 100 charities or household names.
This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector. You will be working alongside experienced partners in a dynamic and growing team, within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
Managers are responsible for co-ordinating their team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Managing a portfolio of external audit clients to deliver a year round service including building and maintaining strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Managing a number of audit teams and ensuring planned work is completed within the agreed budget and timescales from planning through to completion.
- Act as a principal contact for your clients through the year delivering a proactive service.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines taking responsibility for your work and multi-tasking in an organised manner. You must time plan your own work and client appointments.
- Preparation and presentation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Direct, coach and mentor audit teams to assist them in the delivery of engagements.
- Be proactive in Business Development activities and developing, maintaining and monitoring your own network.
- Involvement in proposals and presentations for new work.
- Potential for involvement in the provision of wider assurance services to clients.
- Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of Charity audits and the not for profit sector, including the Charities SORP is an advantage, although not essential.
- Strong people management skills enabling you to support, coach and mentor more junior colleagues.
- An interest in the not for profit sector.