A leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. This company prides itself on looking after their people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, they invest in their people to help them be the best they can be.
They are currently looking to recruit an Audit Manager in to their award winning Pension Fund’s team.
They provide a wide range of audit and assurance services to prestigious pension schemes sponsored by companies across various sectors and master trusts, many of whom are household names.
In addition to working on audits, the role will involve working on assurance projects which includes governance and risk reviews and reporting on internal controls under the assurance framework AAF 01/06 and AAF02/07.
This is therefore a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector, developing their knowledge of pension scheme issues, investments and risk management skills. You will be working alongside experienced partners with a wealth of knowledge, whilst managing a team of auditors below you, within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
For the right individual this is therefore a unique and exciting opportunity to join an expanding team within a well cultured and growing firm.
- Managing and undertaking statutory audits and being involved in all stages of the audit process from planning to completion.
- Show initiative and take responsibility for management of the audit and your team to ensure completion within the agreed budget.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of your team.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of pension scheme audits and Pensions SORP is an advantage, although not essential.