A leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. This company prides itself on looking after their people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, they invest in their people to help them be the best they can be.
Purpose of the role:
As a qualified Accountant, Managers in our Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in corporates.
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork & completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- To prepare statutory financial statements for clients, generally from the client’s management accounts.
- To research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for review Partners / Directors.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is highly desirable.
Behaviours & attributes:
Organised, qualified ACA/ACCA, experience of a wide range of businesses, approachable, mentoring skills, team ethos.
Working with clients
Companies and Groups up to £100m revenue including international businesses and listed companies.
You will develop a practical awareness of the clients’ operations and will make sure that the day-to-day delivery of the work runs smoothly and will escalate any issues, if needs be.
Client care & adding value
You ensure all client requests are dealt with promptly and that any issues are raised quickly and dealt with efficiently and effectively. You take ownership to resolve problems quickly in a proactive and friendly manner.
Engaging with the big picture
Demonstrate our core values in everything you do - attention to quality, professionalism, integrity, approachability and relationships. Seek opportunities to grow and develop your own networks with colleagues in other teams as well as seeking an understanding of the bigger picture beyond your own team or area of responsibility.
Working with people:
Motivating & developing people
Coach those you are supervising towards maximum contribution and job satisfaction. Act as a mentor to less experienced members of the team. Support their "on the job" learning through actively encouraging involvement and discussion on tasks, challenges and decision making, where appropriate.
Leading & Managing people
Getting the best from others through effective communication, engaging with the team, leading by example and demonstrating a confident, "can do' attitude.
Communicating with impact
You are able to adjust your behaviour, style, approach and means of communication towards another person to gain their commitment or agreement to a course of action. Present a clear argument, avoiding excessive use of jargon.
Delivering as a Team
You will work with and lead others to achieve a common goals, motivating others, resolving any disputes and adapting your communication style to meet the needs of the group and situation.