ProTalent are currently working with a top 100 Chartered accountancy Practice based in Oxford looking to recruit an Outsourcing Client Business Partner.
- Top 100 independent accountancy financial services and insolvency practice.
- Friendly and supportive team culture built around values of collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise.
- Diverse clients that range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international groups.
- Engaging with your client’s business, understanding their needs and identify new opportunities
- Being the primary day-to-day contact for your allocated portfolio of clients regarding all data processing activities and treasury matters, taking responsibility for all duties up to and including the production of (often complex) management information
- Data processing activities to be conducted by the team to include bank transactions, sales and purchase ledger items, expense claims and all other general ledger postings, journals etc;
- Active business partnering to ensure informed reporting of risks & opportunities, actuals and forecast variance analysis
- Analytically reviewing results and analysing key performance indicators for your clients;
- Ensuring that allocated teams are keeping all accounting systems up to date and accurate within the agree timeframes
- Reviewing VAT returns, EC sales lists and Intrastat returns, having an understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules and the basic principles of partial exemption and how this operates
- Preparing basic statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision, having an awareness of the disclosure requirements of the Companies Act
- Preparing an audit file which could be provided to the client’s auditors, with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items
- Carrying out ad hoc assignments, often to include budgeting and assistance with cash flow forecasting and training clients in use of their accounting systems
- Assisting with tendering to potential new clients as well as the implementation phase for new engagements
- Liaising and collaborating with tax, payroll and other departments on client matters, identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Promoting the interests of the firm to clients, prospective clients and other third parties;
- Assisting with portfolio allocation across the wider team and monitor time allocations, budgets and deadlines, including data insight for internal management reporting and checklist monitoring
- Working in accordance with defined systems and procedures as well challenging the status quo where there may be a more efficient way of doing things
- Empowering and educating through line management to develop more junior members of the team.
The successful applicant:
- Minimum of 4-5 years UK experience, from either a Practice Outsourcing team or senior management accountant/business partner in industry
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified
- A positive and confident self-starter, who understands the importance of maintaining positive client relationships as well as internal collaboration;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to work across a variety of clients during any one month
- Exceptional attention to detail, demonstrating an organised approach to work; an ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
- An ability to apply technical accounting knowledge to real-life client situations
- Knowledge of UKGAAP and desirably IFRS
- Strong IT skills, specifically Xero and Excel alongside an ability to pick up new software packages very quickly
- Sage and CCH experience would also be an advantage.
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many sectors
- Personalised Career Map, commencing with steps to support your progression into a senior management role;
- Participation in our Management Development Programme to help realise your full potential
- Partner-level mentor and a Line Manager who will work closely with you to champion your development and provide day to day guidance
- Competitive salary, holiday and benefits package, including flexible working, pension, life assurance and a fantastic retail discount scheme. Holiday allowances increase with service, plus we offer holiday trading whereby you can buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Company-wide Wellbeing Programme focused on encouraging positive mental and physical health
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed quickly
- Full study package if required to complete a professional qualification.
- Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Participation in our 2021 Management Development Programme as soon as you start. This 6 month bespoke programme consists of a blend of training modules designed to unlock your management and leadership potential.
- A wellbeing programme with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Comprehensive induction and buddy to help you get up to speed in your first few months
- Regular company and team social events throughout the year
- A light and airy, recently refurbished spacious modern office
- Charity fundraising events