ProTalent are currently working with a successful and well-established accountancy practice in Cambridge to recruit a new Part-Qualified Accountant – ideally someone looking to make the move from a larger practice into a boutique firm.
- Well known and well-respected accountancy firm
- Offer a broad range of accounting and business advisory services
- Forward thinking and embrace technology
- Great work/life balance with hybrid working available
- Great working environment
The Part-Qualified Accountant role:
- As a Part-Qualified Accountant, you will be expected to prepare financial statements in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager.
- Prepare accounting schedules to support the balances and transactions included in the financial statements.
- Adhere to proper accounting standards.
- Work on a wide range of accounts.
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget.
- Meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain good client relations.
- Liaise with clients directly or through releva˙nt manager to resolve queries or obtain further information.
- Ensure a high level of service to meet client's expectations.
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
- Make timely and relevant recommendations in relation to accounting matters, financial reporting and accounting systems in use (including software).
The ideal Part-Qualified Accountant candidate:
- ACCA or ACA studier
- Audit experience is preferable
- Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment.
- Strong double entry knowledge and skill.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Basic tax knowledge - awareness of how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT.
- Organisational/time management skills.
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across.
- Methodical and logical thinking.
- Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work within a team and to assist one another as and when required.
Thank you for your interest in this Part Qualified Accountant vacancy