An extremely reputable and successful firm in Central London who saw the need for dedicated specialist audit and advice for charities and social purpose organisations. Whilst the firm has grown significantly since then, the founding ethos continues to this day. Their objective is to play a positive role in developing and maintaining a strong and resilient charity and social purpose sector.
The firm are looking for individuals seeking to become Chartered Accountants who are committed to completing training for the internationally recognised ACA qualification.
- Undertake client work as directed, mainly this will involve statutory audits but may also encompass other client assignments such as compliance tax, due diligence, VAT, internal audit, and training activities
- Follow the firm’s policies and procedures on all work to achieve high standards and deliver an excellent service to clients
- Adhere to firm’s standards on independence and professional ethics
- Keep seniors, managers and partners regularly informed of activities, capacity, and progress on assignments to ensure that time is fully utilised
- Participate in meetings as appropriate, playing an active part in internal briefing and de-brief sessions
- Once initial experience has been gained, provide effective supervision and training to less experienced trainee accountants who are undertaking audit work
- Where required, work alone at client’s premises with minimal supervision, presenting completed audit file for manager review, which includes management letter
- Maintain all required records for the ICAEW training file and submitting this for review every 6 months during the training agreement
- Fulfill the obligations outlined in the training agreement regarding study progress
- Any other tasks in line with the responsibilities of the role
- It is expected for ideal candidates to have passed four to five ACA exams.
- British university degree at class 2:2 or above (or equivalent), or alternatively have passed AAT finals (Professional Diploma, level 4). We welcome and encourage applicants from all degree disciplines.
- Requirements below degree level:
- If you have a 2:2 degree, you must have at least five GCSEs at grades 9 to 5 or equivalent, including at least grade 6 in Maths and at least grade 5 in English. You must also meet the UCAS points requirement outlined below.
- If you have a 2:1 degree (or above) or have passed AAT finals (Professional Diploma, level 4), you must have at least grade 6 in Maths and at least grade 5 in English for GCSEs or equivalent. You also must either meet the UCAS points requirement below or have at least five GCSEs at grades 9 to 5 or equivalent.
- UCAS tariff: 120 UCAS points or equivalent (300 UCAS points pre 2017). We only include a candidate's top three A-levels and we do not include General Studies when assessing UCAS points.
At least one year experience whilst training for your ACA qualification.
Skills and knowledge
- A strong interest in audit work and obtaining the ACA qualification
- A strong commitment to the not-for-profit sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work and study concurrently
- The desire to work flexibly to get the job done
- Ability to build strong, positive working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to assimilate and use large amounts of information quickly
- Ability to gain technical knowledge and share knowledge and concepts with others to enhance their learning
- Numeracy skills
- 20 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Occupational Sick pay and Income Protection Insurance for Long Term sickness
- Enriching and supportive company culture
- Pension – all earning pensionable
- Discount gym membership
- Life cover 4 times annual salary
- Employee Assistance programme
- Professional membership fee
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Volunteering (1 day a year)