ProTalent are currently working with a top 100 Chartered accountancy Practice based in Oxford looking to recruit a Payroll Assistant.
- Top 100 independent accountancy financial services and insolvency practice.
- Friendly and supportive team culture built around values of collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise.
- Diverse clients that range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international groups.
- Process payrolls on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or yearly basis (or as directed) for a range of clients of various sizes and from a diverse range of businesses
- Process starters and leavers, calculating statutory payments, RTI submissions, Pension Deductions etc.
- Preparation of P45s, P60s, Starter Declarations and other relevant forms as required
- Liaise directly with clients to ensure accuracy of payroll data and answer phone queries, resolve problems, and provide payroll support
- Communicate with clients, other staff, Directors, and the H M Revenue & Customs
- Support clients in the day to day running of payroll systems
- Follow good practice procedures and internal administrative processes
- Observe strict confidentiality at all times
- Attend training as and when required
The successful applicant:
- You must have at least one-two years’ experience working in a Payroll team. Payroll Bureau experience/experience of working in a client-oriented environment.
- Are educated to A ‘Level (or equivalent standard)
- Strong Communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong IT skills and able to pick up new software packages very quickly
- Able to create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Calm, confident, mature & professional manner
- Able to work to tight timeframes
- Self-motivated demonstrating dedication, energy & commitment
- Good at solving problems & adopts a logical approach
- Willing to keep up to date with legislative changes
- Ability to take initiative
- Competitive salary and benefits package including generous holiday allowance, pension, life assurance and a fantastic retail discount scheme
- Holiday trading – the ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- If required, full funding and support to complete the AAT qualification, including study leave and time off for exams
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- A wellbeing program with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
- An experienced manager to support your development and provide day to day guidance
- A modern, refurbished, open plan office
- A comprehensive induction and a dedicated buddy to help you get up to speed during your first few
Thank you for your interest.