ProTalent are currently working with a small, friendly and well established accountancy firm in West Wickham to hire a Payroll Manager to join their team.
- A small, dynamic accounts practice based in modern offices in West Wickham, just off the high street with access to residential parking. They pride ourselves in providing a personal service to clients who are mainly small businesses and individuals, whilst keeping up to date with current changes.
- Looking for an experienced candidate to take on the full time role of Payroll Manager with additional bookkeeping responsibilities. You will have sole responsibility for preparing and managing the monthly payrolls for clients and this will give you the opportunity to build a close working relationship with them. You will also work closely with the firms account managers to ensure correct PAYE taxation for the clients and assist with payroll reconciliations etc. The opportunity exists for you to grow the payroll function as the firm take on new clients. If you are an experienced payroll professional and think you could make this role your own please get in touch.
Reporting to the firms director, responsibilities will include:
- Prepare the monthly payroll for our clients (using Moneysoft), including starters, leavers, salary changes, overtime, bonuses, statutory payments (SSP, SMP, SPP) RTI submissions and send the suite of payroll reports to the client in a timely manner;
- Administration of the client pension schemes (including assisting clients with pension auto-enrolment duties) and monthly upload of pension contribution files to various pension providers (NEST, Smart Pension, The People’s Pension, Aviva, Scottish Widows);
- Preparation of payroll journals (as required);
- Send year end reports (including P60’s) to clients for authorisation and then submit final EPS’ to HMRC;
- Prepare and submit client P11D’s;
- Set up new PAYE schemes;
- Apply for Advanced SMP Funding for clients (as required);
- Provide support to clients and account managers in respect of any payroll related issues;
Experience and attributes:
- CIPP qualification (preferred but not essential);
- Relevant payroll experience;
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and manage workload;
- Logical, analytical, with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision
- Some practice experience would be beneficial;
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written;
- Experience using payroll software such as Moneysoft and BrightPay would be beneficial. Good working knowledge of Excel and Word;
Thank you for your interest.