The firm has a well established client base and they require a driven Payroll Manager to join their team. They are a fantastic bunch of people with great leaders in the industry. They are a medium sized business with ambitions to keep on growing.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for organising and managing a team who invoice and process multiple payrolls for clients. As a manager they will be responsible for the performance and production of the team, ensuring the deadlines are met and KPI's are reached. The right candidate will be a team player who is able to work methodically, be process driven and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Be the lead contact for client queries
- Answer Client and Contractor questions about payments, deductions, and general queries.
- Leading a small team of junior payroll administrators
- Be able to identify operational issues and resolve them
- Calculating correct amounts of pay including deductions, overtime, SSP, bonuses etc
- Deducting correct amounts of pension contributions, income tax, national insurance etc.
- Running multiple payrolls across varying frequencies.
- Inputting related data for weekly and monthly payments into a payroll software.
- Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve any discrepancies in time-sheet and payroll records.
- Receive and coordinate HMRC notifications.