Competitive Salary DOE + great benefits package
ProTalent is working with an award winning Accountancy Practice looking for an experienced Pensions Accountant/Auditor to join their team. This position can be based in Ipswich, or Remotely
The ideal candidate will be ICAEW/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience with a strong background in the pensions sector. This role is ideally suited for someone who is already working in a specialist pension team in practice or is perhaps working as a pensions accountant and would like to develop their audit skills. The grade for the position will be determined dependent on experience of the pensions sector.
• Preparation of accounts in accordance with the 2018 Pensions SORP
• Overseeing day to day work on client engagements; mentoring and developing team members
• Leading or working towards leading audit assignments in order to produce high quality audit files
• Reviewing assignments and working papers, providing constructive feedback to team members
• Trustee interaction, including communicating engagement progress
• Participating in networking and building client relationships
• Monitoring engagement profitability – billings and collections
• ICAEW/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience
• Strong background in the pensions sector
• Experience in accounts preparation and audit
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple engagements simultaneously
This role provides real scope to develop your existing skills in this area and your external profile. The team works with a broad range of trust-based, DB, DC and Hybrid schemes, and you will be working closely with many of the country’s finest pension administrators and investment managers to provide Trustees’ with a tailored and seamless approach.
The mix of pensions work includes accounts preparation and audit, and at the higher end scale of this role, you will be expected to participate in all stages of an audit from planning through to fieldwork, and finalization of the assignment for Partner review. Reporting directly to the Corporate Services Manager and Partners, you will oversee client engagement teams and may manage multiple engagements simultaneously.
If you are a motivated individual looking to take the next step in your career, then this is the opportunity for you. Apply now and take the first step towards a rewarding career as a Pensions Accountant/Auditor, or contact Haidee