ProTalent are currently working with a brilliant Top 10 Accountancy firm, with a network of offices across the UK, looking to recruit a Private Client Associate/Assistant Manager for their Bromley Practice.
- Well established accountancy firm employing in excess of 3000 staff across the UK.
- Impressive client bases from a wide range of industries
- Offer a full range of business advisory and accounting services.
- Offer their staff brilliant & fulfilling careers
- Offers flexible working
- Working as part of the London Region, you will be an important member of the Bromley Team.
- The role is client-focused, providing timely and accurate delivery of tax services on behalf of a portfolio of personal customers.
- These will include high net worth individuals, partnerships, non-UK domiciled individuals and some UK and offshore trusts. You will build and maintain effective relationships with these clients with the intention of making you a valuable resource and adviser for their tax compliance affairs.
- You will also assist with the supervision of Tax Trainees, reviewing work and providing training where required, as well as supporting Managers, Directors and Partners in the team to deliver a range of complex tax advisory projects.
- Be the main point of contact on tax only cases for the firm and respond quickly to clients.
- Acting as day-to-day point of contact for the client, ensuring the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Liaising confidently with clients and third parties over email, telephone, letter and in meetings, with the ability to explain complex tax matters.
- Ensuring each assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and carrying out complex aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures and quality standards.
- Ensuring tax quality at all times.
- Providing a full and personal tax compliance and advisory service as required by the circumstances of each client.
- Providing adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff including review of their personal tax return preparation work for accuracy and completeness. To provide feedback to junior staff on a regular basis and as part of the appraisal process.
- Preparing a variety of private client tax advice with support provided by senior members of private client team
- Maintaining an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications as well as an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and fulfilling professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Where necessary, working with the firm’s international network in relation clients’ non-UK tax matters, and ensuring UK and international advice is co-ordinated.
- Attending business development activities as required and growing your own network, both internally and externally.
- Researching and assisting senior members of the team with proposals for new work.
- Attending staff meetings and training as required.
- Carrying out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Director/Partner
The successful applicant:
- ATT qualified and/or ACA / CTA part-/fully- qualified
- Recent experience of working within a private client/personal tax environment, preferably in practice
- Well-presented and articulate, with experience of a high level of interaction with clients.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- High competency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Thank you for your interest.