Private Client Tax team is expanding and have an opportunity available in Bury St Edmunds for an ambitious individual, who has significant previous Private Client Tax experience to join the team as a Manager or Director, subject to experience.
The role could offer future partnership potential to the right candidate.
The portfolio ranges across the Private Client spectrum including high net worth individuals and families, business owners, company directors, land and property owners, entrepreneurs, retirees, and family trusts.
This is an interesting and varied role which provides scope for personal and career development. You will head up the Private Client Tax team and work closely with the Partners and with the rest of the team across the region.
- You should hold the CTA qualification (or be qualified by experience). ICAEW, ACCA and or STEP qualifications would be beneficial.
- Experience of successfully managing a portfolio of private clients alongside reviewing self-assessment tax returns completed by other staff. Previous exposure to all aspects of Personal Tax compliance work within a professional services environment is essential, to include:-
- Capital Gains Tax planning
- Remuneration planning
- Property income
- A high level of ICT literacy is required.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Aptitude in explaining complex matters in a straightforward and accessible manner.
- Accomplished in managing competing deadlines and client expectations. Skilled in controlling budgets and billing.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst also building/developing a team. Previous experience of supervising and reviewing the work of more junior staff is essential.
- Ability to provide technical support across the firm.
- A demonstrable track record in business development activity.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, flexible and prepared to undertake some travel within East Anglia.