Private Client Tax Manager/Director (Ipswich)
ProTalent are working with a growing Accountancy Practice in Ipswich. They are looking for an experienced Private Client Tax Manager/Director to join the expanding team in Ipswich. The successful candidate will work closely with the Private Client Tax Partner, provide excellent front-line client service, and supervise the work of junior staff. The role also involves business development activities and offers potential partnership opportunities.
About the team:
Private Client Tax team serves high net worth individuals and families, business owners, company directors, land and property owners, retirees, entrepreneurs, and family trusts.
- CTA qualification or qualified by experience.
- Experience in Personal Tax compliance work in a professional services environment.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of private clients, including reviewing self-assessment tax returns.
- Familiarity with Capital Gains Tax planning, remuneration planning, IR35, Trusts/IHT, P11D, and property income.
- Familiarity with Statutory residence test/residence issues, immigration/emigration issues, agricultural/landed estate experience, and property development experience is helpful.
- Familiarity with clients in the agricultural sector is advantageous.
- High level of ICT literacy required; experience with CCH is advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for explaining complex matters in a straightforward and accessible manner.
- Skilled in managing competing deadlines and client expectations, controlling budgets and billing, and building/developing a team.
- Previous experience in supervising and reviewing the work of junior staff and providing technical support across the firm.
- Demonstrable track record in business development activity.
This is a full-time role with the hybrid working available. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, hard-working, flexible, and prepared to undertake some travel within East Anglia.
Fantastic benefits package on offer
Apply now or contact Haidee to join the dynamic team and take the next step in your career.