A well-established, vibrant and expanding Accountancy practice based in Chichester is seeking an enthusiastic, organised, flexible and experienced Senior Accountant to join the team to service a wide variety of practice clients.
This is a permanent position and is an integral part of their dedicated team, supporting an ever-growing number of clients.
Preferably ACCA/ACA qualified with demonstrable practice experience. Dealing with a mixed portfolio of clients, you will be mainly responsible for preparing the accounts for Limited Companies, LLPs, Sole Traders and Partnerships, Corporation tax and preparing and filing personal tax returns under the supervision of the Directors/Partners.
Some coaching and mentoring of junior staff will be required so previous experience would be beneficial. For the successful candidate this role will potentially develop into a Portfolio Manager role with overall responsibility for a portfolio of clients.
- Provide direct support to the Portfolio Managers/Directors/Partners as required
- Preparation of statutory accounts, reports & commentaries for all business entities
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns
- Dealing with, and advising on personal tax issues, ensuring compliance with tax legislation and filing personal tax returns
- Liaising directly with selected clients as required
- Assisting with the management of client work flows to meet deadlines & budgets
- Mentoring and coaching of less experienced members of staff/trainees as required•Ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with
- Working closely with colleagues to ensure quality of output and efficiency of procedures
- Undertake any other duties which may be required by management commensurate to the role
You will ideally have at least 1-2 years’ post qualified practice experience, together with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You may have managed your own small portfolio of clients and have proven experience of delivering high quality work and developing good working relationships with a range of clients.
We are looking for a professional, customer orientated and friendly individual who is eager to continue to expand their technical knowledge and work with a proactive and reliable ethos.
Please call Lydia at ProTalent to discuss in more detail.