A leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. This company prides itself on looking after their people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, they invest in their people to help them be the best they can be.
Currently looking to recruit a Senior Associate within their award winning Pension Funds team.
They provide a wide range of audit and assurance services to prestigious pension schemes (Top 20 audit firm) sponsored by companies across various sectors and master trusts, many of whom are household names.
In addition to working on audits, the role will involve working on assurance projects which includes governance and risk reviews and reporting on internal controls under the assurance framework AAF 01/06 and AAF02/07.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Undertaking statutory audits in an audit senior role being involved in all stages of the audit from planning, to onsite fieldwork and completion.
- Show initiative and a willingness to take responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment within the agreed budget and deadlines set.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- Review and assist in the preparation of client accounts.
- Adhere to deadlines and keep the manager/partner informed of progress at all times.
- Take responsibility for own work, prioritising as necessary.
- Keep technically up to date.
- Willingness to undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
Specialist/technical knowledge and experience
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of pension fund sector and the.
- Pensions SORP is an advantage, although not essential.
- Need good communications skills both internally and externally.
- Will also be required to communicate with all members of the team and other departments in the firm.