A leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. This company prides itself on looking after their people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, they invest in their people to help them be the best they can be.
Their specialist not for profit team is multi-disciplinary and includes audit, accounting, tax, risk management, evaluation, governance and consultancy specialists as well as grants specialists. Working with charities, social housing providers and education providers.
They are looking for an ambitious Senior Audit Manager with a passion for the not for profit sector to join their award winning team. You will be joining the leading firm of auditors to the sector committed to delivering a quality service to a high profile portfolio of clients. This role will be within the London team with flexible or part time working arrangements also a possibility including location.
The role will involve working with a variety of charities, social housing providers and/or education providers, together with other not for profit organisations from start-ups to well established, prestigious clients within the sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations, professional bodies and social housing providers), many of whom are top 100 charities or household names.
This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector. You will be working alongside experienced partners in a dynamic and growing team, within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
Responsible for co-ordinating their team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- Managing a portfolio of external audit clients to deliver a year round service including building and maintaining strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Managing a number of audit teams and ensuring planned work is completed within the agreed budget and timescales from planning through to completion.
- Act as a principal contact for your clients through the year delivering a proactive service.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines taking responsibility for your work and multi-tasking in an organised manner. You must time plan your own work and client appointments.
- Preparation and presentation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Direct, coach and mentor audit teams to assist them in the delivery of engagements.
- Be proactive in Business Development activities and developing, maintaining and monitoring your own network.
- Involvement in proposals and presentations for new work.
- Potential for involvement in the provision of wider assurance services to clients.
- Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA or equivalent.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of audits in the non profit sector.
- Strong people management skills enabling you to support, coach and mentor more junior colleagues.