A leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. This company prides itself on looking after their people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, they invest in their people to help them be the best they can be.
They have a vacancy for a Corporate Tax Senior Manager to work in the Midlands South West tax team. This is a full-time permanent role with flexible working and progression opportunities.
You will work closely with the local partners (tax, corporate finance, audit and accounts) in delivering a range of tax work. You will work with a wide range of clients from owner-managed companies and quoted groups to local and national charities. You will be involved in compliance and ad hoc advisory work and business development initiatives, working with the team to generate new work.
You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with extensive practical tax experience. You will be expected to use your own initiative and work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, audit and corporate finance colleagues.
The role requirements
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification.
- Significant corporate tax experience on a range of advisory and compliance projects.
- A passion for client service.
- A track record of developing new work.
Your technical skills
Ability to deliver general corporate tax consultancy, which may include some of the following:
- Group reorganisations.
- Advice on structuring acquisitions.
- Due diligence work and SPA reviews.
- Corporate debt, particularly in a group context.
- Research & Development tax relief / Patent Box.
- International tax advice (structuring / financing / transfer pricing).
- Capital allowances reviews.
You will also be comfortable in overseeing a portfolio of compliance clients.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to make improvements when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including VAT, personal taxes and corporate finance support.
- Acting at all times with the Firm’s best interests in mind and with integrity.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the different types of risks faced by the client, including the management of reputational, operational and credit risk in all interactions with clients.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how the delivery of work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm’s ability to serve clients.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations for the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of the firms capability to support their clients.
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adherence to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Delivering work to the highest quality.
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively understand and manage risk matters.
- A commitment to your personal development, being willing to undertake the necessary training to fulfil the main duties and skill sets of the grade.
- Able to deal with change in a positive manner.