I have just taken on an incredible role at an exciting practice in Stockport, Greater Manchester!
This accountancy practice prides itself on being one of the UK’s leading independent accountancy firms. They have offices in South Manchester and Stockport– meaning you can have your pick of exciting locations to work in when in office! They have a culture of giving their employees independence and freedom whilst also providing immense support and guidance as needed.
The role is for a Semi Senior Accountant in the their outsourcing team. The outsourcing team looks after the clients who are below the audit threshold and principally provides the following services:
- Annual Accounts
- Corporation Tax compliance
- Management Accounts
- VAT Compliance
- Company Secretarial
- Systems advice/migrations and accounting health checks
The practice are looking for a passionate trainee/semi senior accountant to become a part of their expanding team. The ideal candidate would have prior experience of working with corporate clients in the £1m – £6m turnover range. The candidate would also be AAT/ACA qualified or part-qualified, in which case they will be offered study support.
The main responsibilities of the role comprise of:
- Preparation of annual compliance for clients (Annual Accounts/Corporation Tax)
- Portfolio responsibility for bookkeeping clients
- Support to senior team members for monthly/quarterly management accounts
- VAT Returns
- Support to manager and senior team members for Ad Hoc Client Enquiries
- Potential support to senior team members in respect of System / Data Migration for clients
The salary being offered is competitive and comes in the bracket of £22,000 - £25,000, but open to negotiation dependent on your experience.
The job also comes with an incredible benefits package. The practice will be fully supporting you in terms of your AAT/ACA qualifications, while also giving you block release study in work time. This means you can be absolutely stress-free whilst getting your AAT/ACA qualifications completed. They are also big advocates of Hybrid working, with most employees working 3 days from office and 2 from home, giving you flexibility and ease as needed.
The company has a very happening social calendar as well, which keep the team motivated. You can expect summer BBQs, Christmas parties, bowling nights, and much more – this provides a good break from the day-to-day of the role and allows you to settle in nicely with your new colleagues whilst getting to know them in an informal setting.
Other benefits include:
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 3% pension contribution after 6 months
- 20 days standard holiday + bank holidays + 3 days Christmas close down + plus your birthday
- Flex holidays – buy up to 4 and sell up to 2 days per year
- Critical illness – 1 x Salary after 6 months
- Death in Service – 3 x Salary after 6 months
- Healthshield – Level 1 Cash Plan after 6 months
Like how that all sounds? If you are an AAT/ACA qualified or part qualified Trainee/Semi Senior Accountant, get in touch with Rahema at ProTalent.