Trainee Accountant / Cambridge / Up to £22k plus Study
- Well known and well-respected boutique accountancy firm
- Offer a broad range of accounting and business advisory services
- Forward thinking and embrace technology
- Great working environment
The Accounts Semi-Senior role:
- As an Accounts Semi-Senior, you will be expected to prepare financial statements in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager.
- Prepare accounting schedules to support the balances and transactions included in the financial statements.
- Adhere to proper accounting standards.
- Work on a wide range of accounts.
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget.
- Meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain good client relations.
- Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information.
- Ensure a high level of service to meet client's expectations.
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
- Make timely and relevant recommendations in relation to accounting matters, financial reporting and accounting systems in use (including software).
Additional Accounts Semi-Senior responsibilities:
- Assistance with bookkeeping, VAT return preparation
- Prepare control account reconciliations and other month end procedures
- Prepare quarterly management accounts for onward submission to clients
The ideal Accounts Semi-Senior candidate:
- AAT level 3 or 4, ACCA or ACA studier
- Minimum 1 year's experience
- Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment.
- Strong double entry knowledge and skill.
- Cloud based accounting systems knowledge including Sage, Xero,and Quickbooks
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of letters and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Basic tax knowledge - awareness of how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT.
- Organisational/time management skills.
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across.
- Methodical and logical thinking.
- Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work within a team and to assist one another as and when required.
If you like the sound of this, please get in touch immediately to discuss your options and any other opportunities we have. ProTalent are specialty recruiters of Practice Accountants and we help quality accountants find their dream roles to improve their lives.