ProTalent are working with an established Practice with an international grouping of professional firms, specialising in financial and taxation advice. looking to hire a trust accountant for their Leatherhead office, preferably in the final stages of obtaining, or with ACA, ACCA, CTA or STEP qualifications, or qualified by experience to work in a Trust Accounting and Tax team.
In this role, your day to day work may encompass:
- The preparation of trust accounts and trust tax returns for UK and non UK trusts and estates
- The administration of these trusts, including liaison with trustees and other advisors
- Preparation of accounts and tax returns for trusts, charities, estates and high net worth individuals
- Preparation of tax pool computations for offshore trusts
- Administration of trusts, charities and estates
- Preparation of trust and individual inheritance tax returns
The main criteria for any candidate applying for this position is a combination of strong trust accounting skills and an awareness of onshore and offshore trust taxation matters. Other accounting and taxation experience will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate it is transferable. The candidate will have worked in an environment where it is necessary to deliver accurate information on a timely basis.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience in trust accounting and aspects of trust taxation
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to delegate to and supervise junior staff
- Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline environment
- Good IT skills and receptive to technology changes
Thank you for your interest.