Job Title: Audit Assistant
Company: Accountancy Practice
Location: Norwich, UK
ProTalent is working with a top accountancy practice in Norwich to find a new Audit Assistant. As a valued member of the Corporate Audit and Advisory team, the Corporate Auditor will actively contribute to the delivery of exceptional client service, the development of the team, and the creation of an inclusive and supportive environment. The Corporate Auditor will embrace the firm's vision, mission, and values and translate them into day-to-day actions. Reporting directly to the Manager, the Corporate Auditor will serve as the Auditor in Control (AIC) on appropriate client engagements and assist in various audit activities.
- Embrace the Firm's vision, mission, and values and translate them into day-to-day actions.
- Act as the Auditor in Control (AIC) on appropriate client engagements, reporting directly to the Manager.
- Assist and report to the AIC on appropriate client engagements.
- Ensure audit quality is met and continually developed in line with regulatory and internal requirements.
- Contribute to the development of junior colleagues within the team.
- Complete audit work on Financial Statements areas to a high standard with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the preparation of individual and consolidated financial statements (primarily UKGAAP).
- Prepare appropriately sized and complex tax computations.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients and their staff.
- Coordinate and be responsible for all audit activities for designated clients, liaising with client Manager.
- Review the work of junior team members prior to Manager review.
- Be aware of the wide range of services the company offers and identify opportunities to potentially sell those services.
- Ensure compliance with all CPD requirements.
- Attend training courses as identified to develop both technical and personal skills.
- Share experience with other colleagues to assist in the development of the department as a whole.
- Provide constructive and timely feedback to junior staff on assignments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, or equivalent) is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in external auditing or assurance services.
- Sound knowledge of auditing standards, accounting principles, and financial reporting regulations.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in using accounting and auditing software.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV or contact Haidee